Now Auditioning for Season 9!
TAP is now auditioning for its 2020 - 2021 season! We're thrilled to welcome new members to our wonderful TAP family to help us better our community one performance at a time!
We are looking for elementary, middle, and high school students with a passion for singing, dancing and acting, who are able to commit weekend time to rehearsals and performances. At this time, we are seeking members for our three performance groups:
TAP-N-Training (grades 5 and 6): an introductory season for TAP's youngest members.
TAP Jr. (grades 6 - 9)
TAP Sr. (grades 9 - 12)
As a member of TAP, regular rehearsals are Saturdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm. All groups rehearse at The Bender JCC in Rockville, MD. We generally adhere to the Montgomery County Public Schools calendar for winter break, spring break and holidays.
Due to current restraints of the COVID-19 pandemic, all TAP auditions will be conducted online! Anyone auditioning for TAP ensembles will compile the following materials and submit them to our Artistic Director, Kaya Harrison at email@example.com. All materials should be submitted by 11:59PM on Saturday, May 2 for the video submission to be considered complete.
Complete video audition submissions will include the following materials:
1) Introduction Video: We want to know you! Please submit a video stating your name, age, grade, school, and the ensemble you are auditioning for. Then, tell us about your performance experience. Have you taken voice lessons, dance lessons, participated in musicals or musical theater programs? If so, what studios have you attended and who are/were your instructors? Finally, we want to know why you are interested in TAP. What has drawn you to us and our mission?
2) Choreography Video: Use the instructional video to learn a brief dance combination from Artistic Director, Kaya Harrison. When you've got the choreography down, please record yourself performing the choreography. Note: Please make sure your entire body is visible in the picture.
3) Vocal Video (Part 1): Use the instructional video and the guided audio recording provided below to learn some brief TAP vocals from Musical Director, Paul Rossen. A document with the song lyrics is also provided. When you've got the vocals down, please use the provided backing track to accompany you as you sing in your video. Note: Please make sure your entire body is visible in the picture.
4) Vocal Video (Part 2): Please prepare to sing up to 32 bars of either a ballad OR an uptempo song of your choice. Musical theater songs are preferable, but are not required. Please record yourself performing your song of choice and submit your video. Note: Please make sure your entire body is visible in the picture.
5) TAP Audition Form: Finally, please be sure to include a completed TAP Audition Form with your video audition submission. The TAP audition form gives us a little more information about you and your reasons for choosing TAP!
When you've collected all of these materials, your video audition is complete and you can email them to Artistic Director, Kaya Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"You should audition for TAP because it's so much fun and a really good way to use your love for music and dance to benefit the community as a whole."
— Anna, TAP Jr. Class of '25
You should audition for TAP because it will help you grow as both a performer and a person. The environment is great and gives you confidence in your performance skills. You will also make so many new friends who eventually become a second family."
— Roya, TAP Sr. Class of '22